Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My first video samples...


Here are my first video samples. I have transcoded them for you into M2T format as AVC-codec is not installed on all the PC's around and you will just need to open the downloaded file in WMP or any similar player. Make sure it's adjusted for interlaced video play. You can download videos from here:

Cloudy day: http://www.sulimoff.com/fount1.m2t

Lower Light: http://www.sulimoff.com/dnll1.m2t

All I can say - HDR-CX7 is better in terms of video against HDR-HC7 and HDR-UX7, I have previously owned. Well improved ClearVid CMOS in terms of low light and well improved AVCHD-coding as you can't see any artifacts on fast moving objects like we have seen on previous AVCHD models. Also, the SUPER STEADY SHOT has improved a lot. Enjoy!
I will post more Videos later with Real Low Light! Be in touch!

3 comments:

powerlord stu said...

hi there.

good blog. just got a CX7 a few days ago myself.

Are you using the sony software to convert from mts to m2s ?

How are you editing ?

I don't want to convert my raw x264 video to mpeg2 (m2s) as it's just going to loose quality.

After some hunting and trial and error I can now read raw .mts files straight from the mem stick into virtualdub and output them in a codec with a higher bandwidth (huffuv, non compressed or cineform hd), and then edit them (in sony vegas).

thought the info might be useful to you.

yili360 said...

I have a camcorder that shoots video in AVCHD MTS format. After one day's shooting many mts footages are generated. mac mts to mov, Some are several seconds long while some are minutes long. I wonder if there's any way, a simple way to join my .mts clips together to a big single .mts file without any quality loss?

Unknown said...

YES, the supported videos for the camcorder is MTS, so when you want to play the MTS videos on your iTUnes, you need to convert MTS to MOV Mac.